Monday 21 September 2015

My Favorite Booktubers


I do love reading blogsposts about books, but there is also something fun in actually watching people talk about books! I'm subscribed to many booktubers on youtube, but here are some of my favorites:

Mia from Against Idleness & Mischief
Many booktubers post videos about books they think are great, but I actually do like it when people also post reviews of books they didn't like as much. Mia always has great discussions on books and I really feel like she is a critical reader, which I can appreciate. She also has a podcast that I enjoy listening to while doing chores!

Jen Campbell
After reading her book Weird Things Customers Say in Bookshops I started following Jen. I don't read a great deal of literary fiction and poetry like she does, but I still find her videos a lot of fun to watch since they are very cozy. She has many pretty books and I got some great graphic novel and picture book recommendations from her.

Connor O'Brien
Connor was one of the first booktubers I started following. I stumbled upon his channel because he reviewed a book in the Ranger's Apprentice series, a series that I really love, but hardly ever hear anyone talk about. When I watch one of his videos it sounds just as a friend of mine is chatting about books. He reads a lot of fantasy and also middle grade books, which I do too, and I especially get a lot of great middle great recommendations from him!

Sanaa from InkBonesBooks
Sanaa is one of my recent favorites. She really made me add a lot of books to my TBR list. She reads a lot of fantasy, just like I do, and she also has some interesting discussions.

If you enjoy watching booktube videos, go check out their channels!

Do you have some favorite booktubers?

2 comments:

  1. I think I missed this post, which is so sad seeing as I do love booktube! I haven't actually watched any of these booktubers. My personal favourites are Little Miss Owl and also BenjaminOfTomes. And now you have joined the booktubing ranks as well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should totally check them out! I don't think Mia from Against Idleness & Mischief makes any more videos though. I have heard of BenjaminOfTomes but I don't think I've ever actually watched one of his videos. I haven't heard of Little Miss Owl before, but I will check out both of their channels ;)

      Delete