Saturday 4 April 2015

Movie Review - Insurgent



Yesterday my friend Suzan and I went to see Insurgent. When I read Insurgent I was quite disappointed with it. I loved Divergent, but the sequel was a letdown. Four and Tris's relationship really bothered me in the book and I also found a big part of the book really boring. I did feel however that the story might work better as a movie and I certainly thought it did! I really enjoyed the movie.
I loved that we finally got to see Amity headquarters. Their place was always the one I was most curious about. Some new characters that were introduces, such as Jack Kang and Evelyn, came across almost exactly as I imagined them to behave in the book. My only problem with this movie was that the Dauntless simulation, one of the first Tris had to go through when she is at Erudite headquarters, was a little too long. It was a lot of action and special effects but it wasn't really interesting.
I really like how the Divergent movies have a quite different vibe to them than the Hunger Games movies do, because before seeing them I wondered if they wouldn't be too much alike.
The drama between Tris and Four was mostly left out of the movie and personally I really appreciated that. It made their relationship seem much more mature and real. In the movie they really seemed to trust each other, wereas in the book this is not the case.
I also really appreciate how Peter is portrayed. He isn't a particularly likeable person, but somehow I can understand why he is the way he is. He is someone who just tries to save themselves and bullies others because he himself feels weak.

Did you see the movie? What did you think of it?

1 comment:

  1. I really loved the Insurgent movie as well! The Amity headquarters are amazing :D

    ReplyDelete