Monday 30 March 2015

Review - Losing it by Cora Carmack

Genre: new adult, contemporary, romance
Pages: 280
Rating: 3.5/5
Goodreads

Summary
As far as Bliss Edwards can tell, she's the last virgin standing, certainly amongst her friends. And she's determined to deal with the 'problem' as quickly and simply as possible.

But her plan for a no-strings one night stand turns out to be anything but simple. Especially when she arrives for her first class and recognises her hot new British professor.

She'd left him naked in her bed just 8 hours earlier...
 

My thoughts
I haven't had that much luck with new adult novels so far, but with this one I was pleasantly surprised. Although I have yet to read an amazing NA novel, this one was definitely a compelling read. It was funny and mostly just very cute. It read this book pretty much in one sitting. As much as I enjoyed it I wasn't completely blown away by the story. Honestly, at the middle of the book I felt like there was a little bit too much 'high school drama', but maybe that's just me because contemporary is not my favorite genre.
I did like Bliss as a main character, she was akward and cute and didn't turn out to be as passive as I thought she would be. I also really liked Bliss's friend Cade. He was sweet and always seemed to have Bliss's interest in mind, even when he himself was hurting. Garrick, the guy who turns out to be Bliss's professor, was swoon worthy, but I have to say that he lost a bit of his charm when he was mean to Cade. The little moments that were shared with all of Bliss's friend were really nice,  friendship is something I often miss in books. I also liked how theater was part of the book, it provided a really nice atmosphere.
I had quite a hard time rating this book. I did really enjoy it and it was hard to put it down, but it is not a read I will remember for a long time and I don't think I'll ever reread it.

I honestly hate the cover of this book. I'm generally not a huge fan of photos of people on covers, but I feel like this one also doesn't really suit the book. Although Bliss wanting to lose her virginity is what starts off the story, the book doesn't focus on sex that much. It's mainly a cute romance story, but that's not really the vibe I'm getting from the cover.

No comments:

Post a Comment