Thursday 1 January 2015

To a new year full of books

Happy new year!

'May your coming year be filled with magic and dreams and good madness. I hope you read some fine books and kiss someone who thinks you're wonderful, and don't forget to make some art -- write or draw or build or sing or live as only you can. And I hope, somewhere in the next year, you surprise yourself.'
                                                                                                                            - Neil Gaiman

I hope to read many great books this year. I am setting myself the challenge on Goodreads to read 45 books. That is five more books than I set out to read in 2014 and it is the number I actually ended up reading. It is only a little bit higher than my goal of last year, because I want to encourage myself to read and not make it feel like a task that needs to get done. I do have some particular books that I would like to read:
- A book in a language other than English or Dutch
- A book in Dutch
- Poetry
- A non fiction book
- Finish The lord of the rings

Apart from reading I also hope to be writing more in the coming year. To encourage myself to write more I am setting myself the challenge to write one short story each week. Every week I will try to post a prompt, to hopefully inspire others to also start writing. These posts will be posted on saturdays.

What are your plans for the coming year?

2 comments:

  1. Love your writing goals! You've been posting a lot more on this blog lately, and I've been missing them! I have to make sure to check back here more often!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had been in a reading slump for quite some time, but now I'm suddenly reading like crazy and I also have more writing inspiration, so that's why :)

      Delete